Sponsor

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

May Budget Review:





  • Navy Silk mini skirt ($15.90) Vera Wang thrifted (cute)
  • Tan Flip Flops ($10.00) Ross (Best Flip Flop ever)
  • Brown pumps ($14.90) Ann Taylor thrifted
  • Brown Braided Sandal ($3.00) Target thrifted (Steal of the month!)
  • White Capri Jean ($7.99) Gap thrifted with tags (2nd Steal of the month!)
  • Editor Gray Slacks ($4.99) J.Crew thrifted
  • Olive High-Low Skirt ($3.99) Target thrifted (Similar) (3rd steal of the month!)
  • Tan bow skirt ($5.99) Ann Taylor Loft thrifted
  • Gray plaid skirt ($5.99) Express thrifted
  • Platform Sandal ($8.00) Mudd thrifted (See post)
  • Pin stripe long shorts (BOGO)Ann Taylor Loft thrifted 
  • Brightly colored button-up ($9.00) Foxcroft thrifted (See post)
  • Flowered statement necklace ($11.19) Ross (See post)
  • Black leather large purse ($8.00) Gap thrifted (Similar)
  • Tan cross body purse ($10.00) H&M thrifted (In love, cute, similar)
  • Lululemon purple zip jacket ($35.00) Lulelemon thrifted
  • Jeans ($15.00) S.O.N.G thrifted
  • Jean leggings ($6.00) Target thrifted (Exact)
  • Orange paisley flat ($4.00) Old Navy thrifted (Similar)
  • Black/crochet top ($6.00) Papaya thirfted (Similar)
I think I want to make a new rule for myself. This new rule goes something like this; I must wear all items at least once in the 2 months following their purchase. If not, then I have to try to re-sell the item.....I notice that I buy clothes, shoes, jewelry and NEVER wear them....even if I like them. So if I buy something in May, and it's still unworn August 1st? Then it's up on Ebay or poshmark!

So far I've worn everything from my April purchases!

Spent in May = $173.00+ April $18.00 (over budget)= $191.00- $30.00 (clothes sold) =$161.00. So in the month of May I spent about $161.00 on clothes. That's $36.00 over budget. I recently got a job and will be increasing my monthly budget for June to $140.00. I'm proud of myself and my May purchases!



3 comments:

  1. You are an amazing thrifter! I love thrift shopping, but I never have time to go. I need to make it a priority - you've inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ashley! I try to only buy items that are designer brands and in good condition when I thrift, but even still thrifting is definitely challenging and requires lot's of time.

      Delete
  2. Fabulous finds! I have some Goodwill gift certificates and can't find anything right now. I will keep hunting!

    ReplyDelete